1) You can easily compare fares and special deals across multiple sites to know which one is the best and then decide accordingly.
2) You also can sign up for email alerts that will inform you about every last minute deals, price drops, and limited-time promotions. Travel agents sometimes are sneaky about things like these but this way you have the chance to avail those if you want to.
3) Online sellers can provide you with lots of information – deck plans, cabin layouts and information about cruise ship amenities and in-port activities – to help you book. Basically, everything you want to know is right there.
4) Your preference about getting your type of cabin matters and will be booked – depending on how early you book, how much you can spend, etc.
5) Although travel agents sometimes save you money with deals, they aren’t always motivated to get you to pay less because that would mean less money for themselves. So it is better when you book your own self because that way you can get a better price.
6) In addition, agents often charge fees to book airline tickets. Some charge more than $250 to plan an international vacation.
7) The price travel agents tell you includes a hefty portion that will be his/her commission. This is why they will look for most expensive offer suitable to the preferences you have told him/her. More reasons to book online and save some money!